Friday 8 February 2013

Baby Bjorn Slip Cover

Howdy,

My sister just recently had a little baby boy (our gorgeous nephew Bayley). A friend gave her a Baby Bjorn carrier and said it was absolutely amazing for her with both her little ones. This was quite obviously true because whilst there was little wear and tear, it was certainly faded.
My sister decided to dye it but before she got the chance we came across this blog post.



http://www.sew-much-ado.com/2012/07/baby-bjorn-slip-cover-tutorial.html?m=1


To be honest, the most difficult part of the whole project was cutting/creating the template and pattern (and when my overlocker's tension wasn't right and I accidentally ripped the material! eep!!).




I made the Owl print cover when my sister and I agreed that she was definitely having a baby girl, but dear little Bayley had us thwarted already!
So I made this cute Elephant print cover.

It looks great and she keeps getting comments on it (which flatters me to no end)

Anyone with a new or old Baby Bjorn should seriously follow that tutorial or sweet-talk someone with a sewing machine to make it for you. Not only are they easy to interchange and wash, you can create a completely unique look for your Baby Bjorn carrier.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and ideas - the broth is never spoiled by too many cooks :)